(Makes enough for two!)
2 medium potatoes or a handful of baby potatoes
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 of a yellow onion
Salt and pepper
1 medium zucchini
- Rinse potatoes under cold running water to clean. Then pat them dry. I like to keep the potato skins on, but if you like to peel them, go ahead. Cut them into 1-2 cm thick cubes.
- Similarly, wash the zucchini, pat to dry, and dice them into 1-2 cm thick cubes.
- Peel and chop your onion (watch out for tears) and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until the potatoes are almost cooked through, about fifteen minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and stir on medium heat until it is soft and the potatoes are cooked through, about seven minutes. Test it by stealing a zucchini and potato before your partner wakes up. Season with more salt and pepper to your liking.
- With a nonstick frying pan, fry your eggs! I like mine sunny side up. Howard likes his scrambled (not as pretty, therefore not photographed).
Tips: The smaller you dice the potatoes and zucchini, the faster they cook. Watch the onions, they like to burn when you're eyes are closed - or blinking. Have your frying pan ready so that you can swap it over the already hot stove to fry that egg up.