WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Saturday, October 2, 2010

La Maison du Chocolat

I know. I took a long, long break in between posts. The worse part is that I wasn't even finished blogging about our New York City trip. The trip happened in August and it is October now! October! So many apologies to those who were happily following along. I have two more posts after this from our trip and then it'll be back to baking posts. I have plans to make some vanilla and matcha whoopie pies and then some spider cupcakes for Halloween. Fun!

So, let us jump into the world of:


La Maison du Chocolat
1018 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10075
(212) 744-7117

Wheee! This beautiful chocolate shop is a part of the Rockefeller Center. They also had macarons in their display window:



And some gorgeous boxes to package their treats:



But the best part? The absolute icing on the cake? Well, it was a chocolate, but not any chocolate - the Sylvia chocolate. How fun is that? By the description in the Maison, if I was a chocolate, I would be milk chocolate with ganache filling. Um, sounds good to me!



I had to get the Sylvia chocolate, Howard and I also got the Rocher Lait, milk chocolate praline with roasted almonds and hazelnuts. One of my favourite memories was sitting outside of Rockefeller Centre, Howard and I eating one of the Rocher Laits and making yummy sounds. The chocolates were really, really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment