WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lego

I hope you had fond memories of playing with Lego when you were a child. The Lego store we visited in New York was a great playground for those young and old!


Lego
620 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10020
(212) 245-5973

We really enjoyed exploring the Lego store at Rockefeller Center. I remembered that it was still under construction when I was there last year (2009), so I was happy to see it finally open! Remember the walls from M&M's World? Well, instead of candy, they had a giant wall of Lego pieces here.



Remember Dylan's Candy Bar? Well here, instead of filling your pails and bags with candy, you can fill it with Lego from the wall! Here is a close-up of the wall:



Very bird house-like! Can you see Lego birds perching there? =)



What do you think? I bet you've never seen Lego abs before! ;)



This was another neat feature of the store. There are these little peep holes in between the shelves that show New York scenes - in Lego of course. The one above is of the subways.



The one above is a whole re-creation of Rockefeller Center, it is quite amazing to look at and see all the Lego action.



How about some Lego cupcakes? I made these just two days before our New York trip for Paul and Ashley. We are wishing you a happy marriage and hoping that your life together will be full of joy and sweets!


2 comments:

  1. I spent hours and hours playing with Lego as a kid, I remember the only bad part about them was if I accidentally stood on a piece! OUCH!
    I would be in heaven visiting this place, it always amazes me what can be built out of Lego. Love love love the Lego cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparentlyjessy, I did too! In fact, I still have a TUB full of Lego pieces - they're great for entertaining my younger cousin.

    ReplyDelete