WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Sunday, February 21, 2010

For the Love of Cake and IronCupcake Toronto

Hi! I got an e-mail blast from Genevieve Griffin (the artist behind For the Love of Cake) last Tuesday. She was letting us know that they had bought the rights to IronCupcake Toronto - which starts next month! Whoohoo!!!

Being from the east side, we haven't explored Liberty Village before, but upon discovering a bakery there... I asked (begged) Howard to take me there on Friday. Yay!! After all, it was near the pho restaurant we went to for dinner, it made sense to me that we picked up cupcakes before dinner.

Here was our brief trip:

For the Love of Cake
171 East Liberty Street, Unit 117
Toronto, ON M6K 3P6
(416) 306-6446

Liberty Village, it is quite pretty!

The storefront of For the Love of Cake!

Display cakes and cupcakes!

Maple Bacon

The first cupcake I picked out. I had heard about bacon cupcakes in the news, and this was my first chance to try it. This cupcake is a part of their "Mancakes" collection (also includes Stout Spice, Guinness Chocolate, and Black Forest). The Maple Bacon is a maple and bacon flavoured cupcake filled with blueberries and topped with a maple frosting and bacon bits. I don't usually eat blueberries and thought "what an odd filling choice," but I learned something that day. Blueberries go very well with maple and bacon. What a great combination of flavours, Howard and I agreed that the pairing was delicious!

Salted Caramel

Remember how I was going to make a sweet and salty cake last weekend, but didn't get the chance to? Well, it was just my luck that they had a Salted Caramel cupcake! This was a chocolate cupcake filled with caramel and topped with chocolate buttercream. You can also taste the pinch of sea salt! Oh, I forgot to mention it above for the Maple Bacon, but the frosting for both of these cupcakes were so smooth and creamy!

Chocolate Hazelnut

This was Howard's pick from the bakery! He surprised me there, he'll make a fuss about my sweet tooth and orders a Chocolate Hazelnut last minute!

Overall, I enjoyed eating the 4D cupcakes from For the Love of Cake, keep it up!

2 comments: