WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mini Celebrations

Look! I'm blogging more!

I will be back with something baked or something decorated, but in the mean time, here are some of the things I've been doing:

My friend and I went to The Chef's House for their Winterlicious lunch menu. I apologize for not taking pictures of the meal, but you know that I like featuring desserts!

I ordered the Sticky Toffee Pudding, Salted Caramel Sauce (above) and Laura had the Apple Frangipane Tart with Cheddar Cheese Ice Cream (below). It was delicious melt-in-your-mouth toffee pudding and that caramel sauce! Everything was made from scratch and I'm pretty sure I could use that caramel sauce on anything. So buttery, but so good!
I tried a bit of Laura's cheddar ice cream - a bit too odd for me, but she enjoyed it! We were very full from the lunch, yet we continued on to Starbucks, but not for coffee...
Yes, we picked up a pack of 4 cupcakes. Two chocolates and two red velvets. Laura took a red velvet for the road (she told me it was very rich) and I was left with the three!

I had the chocolate one and sadly, did not enjoy it. The chocolate cupcake had absorbed all the coffee flavours from the shop. So while it looked like chocolate, it had the smell of diluted coffee. Not that I don't like coffee-flavoured desserts, but it was an odd taste. I would recommend going earlier and getting the fresher cupcakes!

Oh wait, I didn't tell you about what we were celebrating. Well it was Groundhog Day, my one year mark at work, and Howard's birthday! No dessert photos from Howard's dinner - we had Japanese food!

No comments:

Post a Comment