We missed doing this in 2010 (we did it for 2008 and 2009), but we're bringing it back. Here's a look back at our favourite posts of 2011.
- Home Cooking: Sylvia's savory dinner because it's the best savory dinner she's made for me (even though it wasn't exclusively for me).
- Lady M Confections and Ladurée and Sucré: NYC in the rain because we made the day fun even though it could have easily been miserable.
- Kurt and Diana: KD's wedding because it was our first mass undertaking and we were able to pull it off with success (I hope).
- Lemon Soufflés: An impressive, delicious, and difficult dessert to master? Challenge accepted! I got to learn from my mistakes and gain an understanding to the not-so-secret creation of soufflés.
- How: Pinwheel Cupcakes: This was something that I wanted to make for awhile, the idea danced in my mind for a couple of months, and they turned out quite nice! Whimsy!
- Calvin and Hobbes Birthday Cupcakes: Fun. These were so fun to make and blog about.
Vegan, (Mostly) Gluten-Free, and (Mostly) Sugar-Free Recipes from New York's Most Talked-About Bakery
Written by Erin McKenna
For confectionists of all kinds, delicious alternatives lie within: Red Velvet Cupcakes, Chocolate Shortbread Scones with Caramelized Bananas, Strawberry Shortcake, and BabyCakes NYC’s celebrated frosting (so delicious it has fans tipping back frosting shots!), to name just a few.
Written by David Chang and Peter Meehan
Momofuku is both the story and the recipes behind the cuisine that has changed the modern-day culinary landscape. Chang relays with candor the tale of his unwitting rise to superstardom, which, though wracked with mishaps, happened at light speed. And the dishes shared in this book are coveted by all who've dined - or yearned to - at any Momofuku location (yes, the pork buns are here).
Giveaway Regulations and Conditions:
- The New Year Giveaway is open from Sunday, January 1, 2012 to Thursday, January 12, 2012. Entries submitted after 12 midnight EST on Thursday, January 12, 2012 will not be considered.
- There are three ways to enter, you only have to do one:
1) Post in the comment section below: I want to spend my new year reading ______________. (Fill in the blank with the title you would like to win.)
2) Post on A Baked Creation's facebook page: I want to spend my new year reading ______________. (Fill in the blank with the title you would like to win.)
3) To enter via twitter, tweet: I want to spend my new year reading ______________ with @abakedcreation (Fill in the blank with the title you would like to win.)
- Please leave a way for us to contact you.
- Winners will be randomly chosen and announced here on A Baked Creation.
- The winners will have 7 days to claim their prize. If we do not get a mailing address, the prize is forfeited.
- This contest is available to residents of Canada and the U.S.A. only! However, if you have friends and family with a Canadian or American mailing address, feel free to enter. There will be four different winners, one for each book.
- Disclaimer: The giveaway copy of BabyCakes and Momofuku were not sent to us by the publisher.
- UPDATE: Winners have been chosen and notified! Congratulations to Rosebud5192 who will be receiving a copy of BabyCakes. Congratulations to Cat who will be receiving a copy of Momofuku.