WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Monday, August 11, 2014

Banana Pecan Loaf

I'm finding that bananas (and other fruits) ripen very quickly in my new home. Maybe it's a bit warmer and dryer than my previous home, but I feel that I'm constantly rushing to finish the bunch before they get too ripe.

The solution for this baker? Banana loaf. This is the second time I've made this, so I can vouch for it's goodness!
Banana Pecan Loaf

3 ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup of unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of pecans
  1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F), and butter a loaf pan. Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan. Set aside to cool.
  2. In a mixing bowl or using your stand mixer, mash the bananas. Add in the melted butter. Mix until combined and then add in the baking soda, salt, sugar, egg, and vanilla extra. When batter is smooth and creamy, add in the flour and gently mix until combined. Don't over mix at this stage, otherwise the loaf won't be light and fluffy.
  3. Pour the batter into your buttered loaf pan. Top with pecans (I store mine in the fridge so they stay fresh this way). Bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester (or wooden chopstick) comes out clean after you insert it into the centre.
  4. Remove the loaf from oven and cool completely on a rack.
It smells so good cooling in the kitchen. I think two neighbourhood squirrels found the aroma irresistible as they tried to open my screen door.

Disclaimer: We received the pecan product samples from Diamond of California. They also sent us some pistachios! There was no requirement to produce a positive review of their products. All opinions are our own.

2 comments:

  1. Looks a lovely loaf. I'm a bit confused though as you keep referring to walnuts and the nuts in your photos are definitely pecans. Delicious either way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,

      Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry! They are pecans, I have walnuts on the brain for some reason!!! Thanks for the catch!

      Cheers,
      Sylvia

      Delete