WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Carlo's Bake Shop

3325 S. Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV, 89109
(702) 607-2356

You know I don't go anywhere without at least visiting some bakeries! Since we never make the trek over to Hoboken to visit the original shop during our New York City trips, we decided to visit their newly opened Vegas location.
Not surprising, there was a lineup. But there's a viewing gallery into the bakery's workspace to help you pass the time.

Beach cakes being decorated . . .
Fresh pastries from the oven . . .
Vegas themed cake being worked on . . .
Once you reach the front of the line, someone at the counter waves you over to enter the bakery.
Once there, you can stare at all the different dessert choices available.
And there's a lot of choices.
I didn't even know what to order as I was racking my brain to remember what they're best known for.
Was it their cookies?
The cupcakes?
Once Howard and I were ready, we placed our order with someone behind the counter. They write everything down and then you proceed to the waiting area as they pack everything up.
I went with one of the cupcakes!
When your order is ready, you get called over to the cashier to pay. I have to say, they have their crowd control figured out.
The box was tied up so nicely that we opened it back in our hotel room. We got two giant cookies, two small butter cookies, my cupcake, and a Danish for breakfast the next day. I wasn't a fan of the butter cookies, but I enjoyed my giant M&M cookie. The peanut butter cookie was good too. The cupcake was okay, probably because I was expecting spectacular from all the press and fame from this empire. Let's just say, I'm glad we don't make the extra trip to Hoboken when we're in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment