WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Big Gay Ice Cream

125 E 7th Street
New York, NY 10009
(212) 533-9333

It's tough trying to track down food trucks when you're on vacation and without internet. To be safe, I wrote down the address of their shop!

The shop is small, two seats, which were taken by the gentlemen in the photo above. Fun, friendly staff who didn't seem to mind that Howard and I were loving the unicorn mural.

So here I am with the Salty Pimp (recommended to me by Michelle). What is a Salty Pimp, you ask? Vanilla ice cream with dulce de leche drizzled on top, sea salt, and dipped in chocolate.

And we had to ask, and found out that the unicorn behind me is Bea Arthur.

3 comments:

  1. how is the ice cream there? :D I went on a food road trip to nyc in august and we wanted to track down the Big Gay ice cream truck but they weren't in town.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good god, that cone is huge! LOL! I need to figure out which of my staff made it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARMENHUNGRY, it was good, a bit melty that day because their air conditioning was broken. It was hotter inside the shop than it was outside!

    Big Gay Ice Cream Man, nice to "meet" you! I thought all the ice creams were huge, hahaha didn't realize mine was actually larger than normal.

    ReplyDelete