WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes

780 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10065

Finally. We're here. We got to visit Sprinkles Cupcakes. I've waited many years for this. At first, it was "we need to visit California," then "we should go to Chicago." Now, I can just try their cupcakes in New York!

You step in and on your left is a wall of cupcake boxes and stands.

To your right, cupcake mixes, hats, and T-shirts for this growing business.

Look down and you see the walk of fame... of cupcake flavours of course!

The beautiful shelves of cupcakes. Again, I'm having trouble choosing which cupcakes to try!

They have an organized system here, you go up to order your cupcakes. I noticed they have customized pads to write your order down. Then, when it's ready, the cashier calls your name for pay and pick-up. The line moves pretty quick this way and I love the efficiency.

Howard wanted something citrus - so he got the lemon cupcake. There's the signature fondant dot on top of all that frosting! I really like the wooden cutlery here, makes sharing easier!

The cupcake is soft and it does have a lemon flavour - not the most lemon flavour we've had, but still good enough.

I went with the mocha cupcake - I don't think I've had a beverage flavoured cupcake yet in New York. The mocha flavour really stood out and I give it thumbs up! The chocolate jimmies freaked Howard out a bit. He claims that they look like little worms for Domo. I rather like them because it gives the cupcake a crunchy texture. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment