WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Friday, January 2, 2009

He Said/She Said: If You Give a Cat a Cupcake

If You Give a Cat a Cupcake
Written by Laura Numeroff
Illustrated by Felicia Bond

ISBN-13: 9780060283247
ISBN-10: 0060283246
Publisher: HarperCollins
Hardcover: 32 Pages
Ages: 3 to 7

S: Yay! An adorable book about cupcakes! Growing up, I absolutely loved If You Give a Mouse a Cookie!
H: This was my first time reading an "If You Give..." book. At first I didn't understand where the transitions were going, but after reading the ending, I got the concept of the book's writing style.
S: One of my favourite details of the illustrations are spotting the Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. He makes these cute cameo appearances on certain pages of the book! My mom gave me Mouse Cookies last year and it came with the Mouse cookie-cutter, pictured below.
H: I have to agree that the illustrations are kind of cute. My favourite would have to be the karate class illustration.
S: Yes, the expressions of the Cat throughout the whole book were very well done! I also read the book to my 5 years old cousin and he loved it. The book is aimed for ages 3-7, so it was perfect. He especially loved the page at the museum and was able to name all of the dinosaurs. Right after reading him the story, he asked me for a cupcake. If you give a 5 years old a cupcake...
H: Overall, I give it a 3.5/5 cuteness.
S: I give it 4/5 sprinkles.

If you want a better look inside the book, go to
There, you will be able to see the first couple of pages of the book!

Thank you to Melissa from HarperCollinsCanada for letting us review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment