WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bev's Grrday Cupcakes

Grrday and Argday treats for Bev! Here's the short story: Barb is best friends with Bev. Bev's birthday is coming up. Barb has been planning this since February with me, so please give her a great big hug!

Bev went on a trip to Scotland, but she couldn't find the Loch Ness Monster. Well, here's something you might not have known, Nessy (yes, calling her that) likes living in cupcakes, not lakes! Here are some of the Nessy images that I found and liked: here and here. So you can see where the inspiration is from, the second image is a bit scary (for me), but I liked how it inspired me to span Nessy over 4 cupcakes.

Happy 42nd Birthday Bev! I hope you have a blast!

Bev's dinosaur! Barb had to do some serious B&E to get me photos of this guy. But that's what best friends do.

Grr! Awww, I love that little guy, he's so cute!

My so called "studio" shot! I'm sorry if these photos aren't as crisp. I took them late in the night, so the lighting wasn't very good. See? Simple set-up that you can do at home. A white Bristol board and a lamp.

I'm sure Nessy would go "Arg" if anyone ever heard her...

10 comments:

  1. these are so cute! I like the loch ness cupcakes..so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Grr and Arg! Brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! But I couldn't have done it without Barb! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There! Where do you get those great paper cups to bake in? I am having trouble tracking them down. Anywhere online?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Avanika!

    Hi Jenna, we use paper portion cups to bake in. They are also called paper soufflé cups. If you have ever gotten food samples from grocery stores, festivals, or outdoor events, those pleated cups are what we're using. Brands that make and sell these cups are Solo and Genpak. There are probably more if you did a search, but these are two of the main companies we found. Bake it Pretty also sells them: http://www.bakeitpretty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Sylvia! You make some adorable cupcakes. The dinos are my favorite.

    I cannot believe you went to all of the NYC cupcake places. Being from NYC myself, Billy's is probably my favorite. It's lower key than Magnolia and delicious.

    That site is super handy. It has pretty much everything I've been looking for! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to tell you, I've seen all your Dinosaur characters and they're the most adorable thing ever! More on the cute side than the scary side, which is how I like my dinosaurs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! Love your blog! Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenna - Billy's was my first NYC cupcake, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. I want to go back!!

    Aileen - Thank you so much! I prefer cute over scary things too. =)

    Lucie - Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete