WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fondant Dinosaur Round-Up

This is so cool! Not only do I have readers and followers of my blog, I have readers and followers that write to me and share their creations with me!

For that, I am truly grinning from cheek to cheek.

Here is a round-up of bakers who were inspired by our dinosaur cupcakes and our tutorial:

Pauline from Malaysia, she also posts her baked goods on Pauline's Cakes 'N' Bakes. Here is the link to her Frolicking Dinosaur Cake:

Rachael from South Australia, she has a website showcasing all of her custom cakes, jnr cakes. Here is the link to her gallery that include her Prehistoric birthday cupcakes:

Can you believe that this was Erin's first fondant project? She even homemade the marshmallow fondant and created these adorable smiling stegosauruses for her 5-year-old!

These cuties are made by Heather from Stepford Life. Her rrrroooooaring good pterodactyl and brontosaurus:

Here are the ones Stefanie and her husband made for their son's second birthday, it was her first time working with fondant!!

Thank you to Pauline, Rachael, Erin, Heather, and Stefanie for sharing! Your e-mails brightened up my day! So please, don't be shy! If you want to share your creations with me, send me a note!

13 comments:

  1. Wow everyone did such a great job and should be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with everyone! I really want to eat some primary-colored sugar now. Dinos galore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for fondant recipe on your blog...but couldn't find one....do u have one or u use ready made fondant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't get any cuter than these! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dino's, especially the one that has his head and tail out of the water. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... Wow! Thanks for the feature, I am really honored. The other dinos look fab. You are truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. =D Great work everyone!! And THANK YOU for sharing them with me!!

    Spice:
    No, we don't make our own fondant, although you can! We purchase our fondant because we find it easy to work with and it has a good consistency. The brand we use is called Satin Ice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My just about to turn 3 year old son has asked for a dinosaur cake.....these have truly inspired me...well ok, it's given my something to show my darling husband who will be making the dinosaurs whilst I make the cake!!
    I know my limits :o) and he is a wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck Tara and please send us photos! We'd love to do another round-up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i live in bristol uk and noooo one makes decent dino cakes i need one

    ReplyDelete