WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend

I'm excited to tell you about the new Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend varieties! They're easy to spot in the grocery stores thanks to their new packaging. Yes, a part of me misses the nostalgic paper bag, but those large sacks of flours sometimes rip or leak near the seams. I like that they kept the bag flexible because I rarely use a metal spatula to level off the top of measuring ups. I actually use the sides of the bags to do a clean sweep (this is probably frowned upon, but it works for me)! Plus, these bags are resealable!

The one I was most excited to see was the Omega-3 and Fibre, this is blended from whole wheat flour and flax seeds! The Gluten Free is made from a blend of rice flour with sugar beet fibre and potato and tapioca starches. While Tastes Like White is a combination of unbleached flour with oat hull fibre.

Now that I'm armed with four bags of flour, what should I make? Well, I'm going to make some simple pizza dough and maybe some cookies so that I can compare their tastes and textures after baking. Be sure to stay tuned for my baking experiences this Thanksgiving long weekend!

Disclaimer: The new Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend varieties were sent to us for review. All opinions are our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment