Makes about 18-20 biscotti
3/4 cups of almonds
1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups of All-Purpose flour or Omega-3 & Fibre flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of cranberries
1 large egg
2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake in the preheating oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Flip at the 5 minute mark to evenly toast the other side of the almonds. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix briefly.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix on low until combined. Add in the cranberries and give it a short mix (less than a minute).
- Using a spatula, mix in the almonds until it is evenly distributed into the batter.
- Divide the dough in two and place it on a silicone mat or parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Shape the dough into a log about 3 inches wide and 10 inches long.
- Whisk the one egg with the water and use a pastry brush to coat the top and sides of the logs with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is firm. Remove from the oven and carefully flip the biscotti over and place it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Carefully transfer the logs to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut the log into even slices.
Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend varieties were sent to us for review. All opinions are our own.