WE'VE MOVED

Hello!

Thank you for the amazing 8 years here at A Baked Creation, we can't thank you enough for the memories! But we've decided to move over to a new site - Sincerely, Syl. Please join us there for future posts on all the things you loved here!

Sincerely,
Syl

Sunday, July 17, 2011

La Bamboche

1712 Avenue Road
Toronto, ON M5M 3Y6
(416) 224-5595

This turned out to be an excellent weekend. How could it not when it included a mini dessert tour? From all our recent travel posts, I felt like it was time to explore and showcase what our home city has to offer.

I have a google map titled GTA Sweets that has a listing of over 40 places that I want to visit. Most of these places have cupcakes, others have desserts I want to try. Red pins showing that I've been there, and blue pins telling me that I still need to make a stop there someday. I have a map for GTA Restaurants I want to try and one for each city I've visited or will be visiting. No, this isn't crazy, it's just being organized. =P

Howard and I started our Saturday afternoon at La Bamboche, a patisserie known for their macarons and croissants. While we like macarons now and then, I'm a true cake girl at heart. But that doesn't mean we won't be back to try some of their unique macaron flavours: yuzu, green tea and mango, ume and sake, and their mystery macaron (you won't know until you taste it). What a fun idea, I like that there's an unknown one!

Howard and I did have trouble picking one, so we went with two cakes! We actually had a third contender too, the Esprit du Japon (chocolate biscuit, sesame mousse, and matcha mousse), but we changed our minds and went with the Chamboise. A pâte sucrée topped with chocolate mousse, raspberry mousse, and raspberry jam.

The second treat is named Sasha, a Japanese inspired cake with white chocolate and tofu cream, edamame purée, and a green tea cookie. If you're a fan of soy, this cake is probably perfect for you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.Somebody bamboche me!I always admired Japnese for their fantastic creation.Clean food and great cakes.Those here look awesome.

    ReplyDelete